BUYING PAINTINGS AND PRINTS
Buying paintings or prints from this website is simple and safe.
You may remove or add items to the cart at any time.
All transactions are done through PayPal and checkout is through the PayPal secure site.
All major credit cards are accepted.
Original artwork is not usually framed unless otherwise stated.
Artwork on canvas will arrive at your door ready to hang
All artwork on canvas is covered with a protective wrap and packaged in a durable cardboard box.
Unmounted prints are normally shipped in a postal tube.
Mounted prints are packaged in a cardboard sleeve.
All orders should be posted out within 3 working days, any delays will be notified.
In order to maintain free shipping rates all orders are shipped/delivered Monday –Friday, this is only applicable to the UK.
Delivery estimates to include weekends or overseas need to be arranged prior to purchase, please e mail me for more information.
Kris Mercer Art offers customers the opportunity to return goods up to 14 days after receipt (“the Returns Period”), subject to the terms and conditions in this returns policy.
1. You must prior to returning any goods received, e-mail me stating your name, a description of the painting and reason for return. Failure to do so will result in a delay in processing your refund or the product being returned to you. All returns must be returned to the address quoted at time of authorisation.
2. If you exercise your right to cancel your order after the goods have been despatched, you will be responsible for returning the goods to Kris Mercer Art at your own risk and cost, therefore we strongly recommend you use an insured delivery method, such as Royal Mail Special Delivery.
3. All returns are subject to the following conditions, except where the goods are incorrectly described on the Web Site.
• Your product must be complete, in its original box / packaging and in ‘as new’ condition (e.g. if you have opened the box to examine the product you must have done so without damaging or marking the product or packaging).
4. Until such time as you return the goods to us you must take reasonable care of the item(s). Any use of the delivered goods beyond that necessary to inspect the goods upon delivery may invalidate your right to return the product.
Originals and prints
WHAT IS READY TO HANG ?
Original paintings on canvas are always shipped ready to hang on the wall.
They are fitted with D-rings and cord or wire.
Original paintings on paper are usually mounted and framed ready to hang on the wall.
Prints on canvas are ready to hang on the wall.
Limited edition prints that are mounted and framed are ready to hang on the wall.
Paintings on paper need to be framed and glazed.
Mounted and unmounted prints will need to be framed with glazing.
ARE ALL PRINTS FRAMED ?
If a frame is available there will be an option when choosing a print.
A limited range of frames are available that are lightweight and fitted with perspex, suitable for posting .
Framed prints are usually available from the studio, outside events and exhibitions.
CAN I PAY IN INSTALLMENTS ?
We may be able to arrange for you to put down a deposit and pay for an artwork in installments.
CAN I LICENCE THE IMAGES ON THIS SITE ?
Many images on Kris Mercer Art are available for commercial use such as greetings cards and calendars.
These can be licensed through Alamy
The prints published by Kris Mercer are ‘Open” or ‘Limited’.
This distinction is decided before publishing starts.
‘Limited Editions’ by Kris Mercer are usually in runs of 100, 75, 25 or 10
’Open Editions” by Kris Mercer are in runs ranging from 1 to 1000
The artist may produce greetings cards from Limited editions but these are not commercially available. The only other use is for promotion and publicity of the artists work, in a book or other educational literature.
Signed and numbered with a Certificate of Authenticity.
The prints are produced to the highest standard.
Giclee printing on 310gsm, 100% Cotton Rag,
Acid Free (pH neutral) bright white, water-resistant
velvet fine art paper or 230gsm fine art paper.
The printing technique used produces a high quality, archival grade digital print.
The pigment inks are guaranteed light fast for over 75 years.
The prints are produced to the same high quality as limited edition.
The paper used is 230gsm matt or 260gsm silk and the pigment inks are guaranteed light fast for over 75 years.
If bought directly from the artist the prints may be signed.
There is no certificate of authenticity.